Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Phone Call

So, we talked with the birthmother and her mom today. The BM (birthmother) wasn't home at the time, so we talked with her mom. We talked with her mom for about 45 minutes. Paul and I both talked with her. The Mom said the that the BM told her that she didn't ever want to have children and she would rather give her baby up for adoption than to get an abortion. We had a great conversation with the mom. When the BM got home I started talking with her and it was really hard....I would try to start a conversation and it didn't flow very well. I was really nervous. She told me that she didn't like to talk on the phone and she wasn't good at small talk. Paul also tried to talk with her, but that didn't last long either. Her mom wanted us to come to Alabama next weekend. She said that she would cook us dinner and that she was excited to get to see us. When I asked the BM about next weekend she sounded like she really wanted us to come. Maybe, it will go better with the BM in person. I hope that they liked us....

3 comments:

Dad said...

I know my opinion is biased but how could she or they not like you after they have met and get to know you. Your true self will come out when you meet them in person. Phone conversation are not all they should be. God is in control that should always be your focus. How many times have you told me the same thing?,love dad

Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you both know that Eric and I have been praying for a really long time for this! I know that God has his hand in it and on the both of you and he will give you the desires of your heart!

jsauce said...

I am so happy for you guys!! This has been a long time coming. She'll love you once she meets you both. You're going to give the baby a wonderful home. Do you know the sex? Keep us posted!! :)